Sunday 16 August 2015

16th August 2015

Love: today I showed my house some love by cleaning it. Usually it takes about 30 mins to whip Henry around but today it took 2 hours to vacuum, change the throws, tidy up and clean! I feel much more relaxed now. :)
Life: Other than the cleaning and making a chilli, today has been another lazy day of watching Netflix. I tried reading two of my books but my mind just wasn't in it, so I went back to the Netflix. I also discovered a website that has loads of classic old movies now out of copyright and a load more on YouTube. They don't make movies like those any more! (And some people might think that a good thing!)
Suicidal: today's selection from Kate Bornstein's Hello Cruel World of something to do instead of committing suicide is, "Finish your homework first". Keep on learning. Choose your subject and learn something new about it. Make it interesting! Go to college or join a club/society. Do it online through a distance learning organisation (eg The Open University). Watch telly or a film - but something educational not Eastenders! Go to the library. There's an infinite variety of information out there and, if you're reading this, then you have the Internet - go surf the international information super highway!