Thursday 10 September 2015

10th September 2015

Love: I've not seen much of Mia today but we had a quick cuddle for about 10 minutes before I came to bed. Everything is all right with the world when we're cuddling up together. I love her to death! :)
Life: today I made my way over to Knowsley for children and young people safeguarding training. It was a really valuable day and I learned a lot. However, it was uncomfortable to think if I'd been born 30+ years later, my family would almost certainly come under 'early measures' which, regarding I don't think my family wasnt anything unusual, shows how much attitudes have changed in that time. I'm sure there are still those around with old fashioned attitudes who don't believe we've changed for the better but I think they're wrong and I'm pretty certain attitudes haven't changed for no reason! It's a progression towards more enlightened - and hopefully better - parenting. For instance, we can look back at Victorian times and see that it was wrong to send children up chimneys and down coal mines, and not to consider education as important to their development but also recognise that this wasn't bad parenting per se but that they just didn't know any better. I think the same can be said for parenting in my lifetime - we should be able to look back and recognise that's not the best way to bring up children without making it - or taking it - personal; people just didn't know any better - but the important thing is we learn from the past and don't stand in the way of progress. After the training, I came home and fed Mia and then went and did the food shopping. When I got home it was 8pm so I had a supper instead of tea for a change before putting the bin out and then coming to bed.
Career: I'm wondering whether I'm having a mid-life crisis. I have no real idea what I want to do with my life but I do know I want to spend as much of it with people who are passionate about what they do as they inspire me and are a pleasure to be with. I've spent too much of my life 'drifting'; not really investing in my life. Now I need to do what I'm passionate about... and get out of my own way of doing it! If only I knew what I was passionate about!
One Thing: the one thing that has made today a day worth living is the safeguarding training. I learned loads and it was a very rewarding day. :)