Thursday 1 October 2015

1st October 2015

Love: Day off college today so more cuddle up time for me and Mia. Except...
Life: I started the day with a trip to the dentist. They actually commended me on looking after my gums! I've never been commended at the dentist before! Then I had a look into Liscard for material with cat print pattern and ended up buying a cushion and an ornament from the Roy Castle shop. Then I popped over the road to get my eyebrows waxed before coming home for lunch. After lunch I checked online to see if my prescription was ready and it said it was. So I wandered upto the pharmacy to collect it only to find it wasn't ready at all because they were still waiting on a delivery and I was instructed to come back at 4pm. I then went upto the surgery to rebook my injection appointment so that it didn't clash with college and the only appointment they had was for this evening. So I explained the situation to them - that the pharmacy was waiting for a delivery - and we made the appointment and I crossed my fingers! Then it was back home and I did some Graphics 'homework' before having tea and going to collect my prescription. The delivery had been made so I then went to the surgery with it for my injection, which was a real pain in the arse! (ha ha ha) Then it was back home and I watched a bit of Netflix whilst doing some research for my Media class. To round off the night I watched an interview with John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten). I've loved him and his snarky personality since I was a kid! However, what stuck in my mind was his comments about anarchy - that he doesn't believe in destroying the establishment without something to replace it. It's also interesting to think how much the Sex Pistols were demonised for their anti-establishment views and now, these days, we've all seen the light and anti-establishment views are the norm. Just goes to show, I think, that you should never believe the media (they are after all part of the establishment!).
College: apart from my 'homework', I've spent a lot of today trying to find out what money I may be entitled to - fuck all by the looks of it! - worrying about the consequences of that, and thinking wtf about college in general! I'm gonna stick with it though. As I reasoned this afternoon, college is as safe a place as any to get things wrong! After all, colleges are all about learning and the funny thing about learning is that you learn far more when you get things wrong than when you get things right!
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing today is the moment I completed my research for my Media lesson because it was at that point I moved from "I'll never catch up!" to "I can do this!". :)