Thursday 12 November 2015

12th November 2015

Love: it occurred to me this evening that John isn't hogging my thoughts as much as he used to. I still miss him of course - and this realisation did come to me whilst I was writing a poem about his death - but I suppose I'm glad of the distraction college is providing from my morbid thoughts.
Life: today I had a lie-in so didn't do the food shopping until this evening. In between times I went to my weekly poetry class.
College: we learned about sonnets today at my weekly poetry class. It was interesting to learn that they come in all shapes and sizes and aren't just something Shakespeare did. The only rule that seems to apply to all of them is that they have to be 14 lines long with the last stanza being 2 of them. That gives an awful lot of leeway with them! Fascinated, I set myself the challenge of writing one, never imagining it'd be as easy as its proved! I wrote 2 and a half sonnets tonight in just a few hours! I guess I'll pick just the strongest to present next week though. Don't want to completely over-swamp her!
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing today is time with Mia. I'm so glad we're on talking terms and she's showing some affection to me again. How long it will last, considering I'm meant to be having another attempt at taking her to the vet on Monday, I can't say but I'll enjoy it whilst it does! :)