Wednesday 13 January 2016

13th January 2016

Mia: Mia is shedding her fur like no one's business at the moment! The trouble is her white fur seems to be prone to getting tangled and so I try to tackle it with a comb but of course Mia doesn't like that! However, she's definitely got used to the idea as, instead of the violent swipes she used to give me a year ago, now she gently paws me away. :)
Life: today I took my car in for a service. So I took myself on the train into Liverpool to look at the Matisse exhibition at Tate Liverpool and then, later on, a look in the World Museum at the exhibitions on cultures, the natural world and of course I couldn't leave without having a look in the aquarium (by far my favourite bit of the museum! :) ). In between art gallery and museum, I went to Waterstones and Ed's for dinner (as I had a voucher). So, being stuffed at Ed's, for tea I just had a scone and a yogurt. This evening I watched Netflix and answered an ONS survey over the phone. Afterwards I got a bit worried as I figured they could be a con artist and I'd just given them sufficient info to know when to rob me but considering they sent a letter through the post and came to my door beforehand, I'm hoping it's a bit elaborate to go to all that effort and thus they were genuine.
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing today was seeing the Matisse exhibition. I forget sometimes why I like his work and then, when I get to see it 'up close and personal' like I did today, it becomes obvious again. After Picasso, I think Matisse was probably the 20th Century's greatest artist! :)