Saturday 16 January 2016

16th January 2016

Mia: There was a small amount of amusement this afternoon when Mia spotted a squirrel in the back yard. She jumped up onto the windowsill and prowled up and down, keeping an attentive eye on it! Also, at tea time, I left the dining table to take my plate through to the kitchen and returned to find the little minx had stolen my seat! :D
Life: I didn't do anything much yesterday except research for college. Hence not doing a blog as I didn't think it was worth it! Today, I went to the sorting office first thing to pick up a present Sandra had sent me as a belated birthday/Christmas/New Year pressie. It was a candle with my name cut out of the holder - so now I can see my name in lights whenever I want to! :D After that, I went to Wilko and bought a few things (most important of which was cat food) and then to NY Nails to get my eyebrows waxed and then Maison de Beaute to get a manicure (as I don't trust NY Nails with my nails!). This afternoon I produced 5 quick sketches of my mannequin in various media as part of my research into life drawing for college (I like inktense pastels and charcoal best). This evening I've tried to watch a couple of movies on Netflix but given up because I couldn't keep my eyes open and have now called it an early night. Heaven knows why I'm so tired?!!
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing today is the candle from Sandra. It was such a thoughtful thing to do! I love that my friends are so generous! It helps me feel appreciated! :)