Tuesday 26 January 2016

26th January 2016

Mia: this morning Mia proved that she could be a Sniffer Cat when she sniffed out the sausage rolls in my bag within a minute flat! This evening we played with her ribbon again. She loves that ribbon! Such a delight to see her so happy! :)
College: this afternoon, on the instruction of my tutor, I emailed the head of graphics to ask for an interview for the 1 year BA (Hons) top-up. I'm not really sure why I'm bothering as it depends entirely on me getting funding that I'm pretty convinced I won't get! Plus I'm not really sure I have it within me to do it! But I do want that degree - even though I'm not really sure why! So stupid! I should just ditch it and move on with my life! At today's graphics lesson, we got started on doing our repeat patterns on the computers. I showed him what I'd done last week, pretty sure I'd be told I hadn't done enough, when he went quiet on me. Then he said he was stunned that I'd done so much work! I think it was another reminder that I need to believe in myself more. It's probably my biggest downfall where art and design is concerned. Nearly everyone I show my work to says it's brilliant but I never believe that they know what they're talking about! :(
Life: this evening choir started again after the Christmas break. Our usual choir mistress is off at the moment, having given birth at New Year. So we had her stand-in this evening. She seems pleasant enough but I definitely prefer Hayli (our usual one). It was great to be back at choir though and have some of that magic back in my life! :)
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing today is my tutor's stunned silence on seeing my work. I've never had that effect on anyone ever! I can only hope it bodes well for my future.