Friday 25 March 2016

25th March 2016

Mia: Mia was enjoying the sunshine today so I didn't see much of her until I got home this evening; when we had a lovely long cuddle. :)
College: this morning I sorted out my graphics book for current project. So I can put that behind me now and move onto my FMP (final major project).
Life: this afternoon I created another clay sculpture before heading into Liverpool to look at Clare's Indian goodies at the Big Love Sista studio. I found a lovely silk scarf I fell in love with so I just had to purchase it! I think it'll really set off some of my posher outfits! :) I then went and had shrimp pad Thai at a nearby takeaway before returning to the studio for an 'Indian Evening' where Clare and Sandra told us about their adventures in India last Christmas and read us some of their poetry, before hosting an open mike evening where I got up and read some of my poetry and others entertained as well. However, as the other's stuff was so lovely, I began to fret I'd got the tone wrong for one of my poems which is very sweary. I needn't have worried though because so many people came up to me afterwards to say they loved my poem! :)
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing tonight is performing at the open mike. I do love performing - more often than not - and it's a lovely thing to do - when I'm feeling confident - considering how retreated into my shell I was when I first got involved with Big Love Sista. :)